Shine and glow like a festive diva in this season of light and celebration, and get glowing with lustrous skin. This time illuminate your skin not with make-up but with a natural glow.
1. Clean that dirt: Oatmeal is the most common non-soap cleanser. It is very gentle and is especially useful to those with sensitive skin or problematic skin conditions. Grind the whole oats into fine powder and apply a thick paste by mixing in lukewarm water. You can also add the powder to bath water for a full body treatment.
2. Oatmeal cinnamon scrub: Suitable to all skin types this organic scrub rich with antioxident and protein benefits is very good for the cells of your skin and can give you instant glow . Mix 1 tbsp of dark brown sugar, oatmeal flour, ½ tbsp milk and a pinch of cinnamon. Make a thick paste and massage it well onto your face for a smooth skin. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash your face with cold water.
3. Green tea scrub: This scrub is suited for dry, normal and combination skin types. To exfoliate your skin to ward off dead cells and get a fresh glowing skin you need to mix 3 tbsp of green tea, 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tbsp of a nourishing cream. Apply this paste and leave it on for 15 minutes. Scrub your face in gentle circular motions while removing the paste and then wash it off with cold water. See yourself transformed with this scrub.
4. Get that fresh look: Mix 1 egg white, ¼ cup of whole milk, 2 tbsp of baking soda and ½ a cup of water in a small bowl and blend well. Refrigerate it for a short while and then take a small amount onto a wet washcloth; gently massage it on your skin. After 10 minutes rinse well with warm water and pat dry your skin.
5. Jojoba oil moisturiser: Jojoba oil has some very distinguishing properties which will result in a beautiful glowing skin. Natural oils like Jojoba often contain anti-ageing nutrients that help repair damaged skin and prevent further damage. Apply the oil as a moisturiser with deep circular motions and let your skin absorb the smoothness of it.
6. Buttery delight: Shea butter is a thick, creamy oil that comes from the shea tree; it is widely used as a moisturiser. Get the buttery smoothness by rubbing shea butter onto your skin as it forms a barrier between the elements and your skin while sealing the moisture inside your skin. Shea butter is widely recommended by natural therapists for its ability to heal scar tissue produced by stretch marks and hyper-pigmentation.
7. Almond facial mask: Soak almonds overnight and take their skin off the next morning and grind them into a paste; while making the paste add rose water to it. Apply onto the skin and let it dry for 20 minutes. Gently wipe off the mask with a damp wash cloth or rinse with lukewarm water.